SAA Family Tree is a monthly focus on stories that display the impact all the members of the Swim Across America family have both locally and nationally. If you have a story or link you’d like to share, please send here.
- The Tampa Open Water benefit swim and relationship with the Central Florida 7-Eleven Franchise Owners Association was featured in the national FOA magazine.
- The Dallas Morning News ran a nice piece on SAA – Dallas’s Jeanne Cunningham and her father, Martin Doolan prior to the June 11 event.
- Steve Newman, a 20-year SAA – Long Island Sound committee member, was part of a relay team that set a Masters world record.
- In Greenwich, Team Julian supported Julian Fraser and his fight against a rare cancer by raising $90K for the SAA – Greenwich-Stamford swim.
- SAA – Seattle was profiled in 425 magazine.
- Brooke Lorenz swam at SAA – Greenwich to raise money for the Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy and celebrated being five years cancer-free!
- SAA co-founder Matt Vossler was on local news as a Hometown Hero before SAA – Greenwich.