SAA Family Tree is a monthly focus on stories that display the impact all the members of the Swim Across America family have both locally and nationally. If you have a story or link you’d like to share, please send here.
- An incredible New York Times story on the Levy family featuring Wills Levy, a bone marrow transplant donor that helped save his brother Andrew’s life. Wills participated at the SAA – SMAC Out Cancer Pool Swim in May.
- A great feature on the 10th anniversary of the Greenwich-Stamford swim featuring proud participants Craig Lawrence, Victoria Dinkel and the Bass family.
- SAA beneficiary Memorial Sloan Kettering and its pediatrics department was the focus of a popular ‘Humans of New York’ series that raised a lot of awareness and funds for MSK.
- Emily Crabtree of SAA – Chicago and the swim were highlighted in the Rush University Medical Center annual report.
- Greenwich-Stamford swimmer Julia Neri was featured locally for being named valedictorian among other notable achievements.
- Swim Across America was the Event Spotlight feature in SwimSwam Magazine’s Olympics Preview Issue. Pick up a copy and see how great the 4-page spread turned out!