SAA Family Tree is a monthly focus on stories that display the impact all the members of the Swim Across America family have both locally and nationally. If you have a story or link you’d like to share, please send here.
- Olympians Kristy Kowal and Heather Petri are mentioned in the same breath as Taylor Swift in this Boston Herald wrap-up.
- SAA – Atlanta’s Event Director Megan Melgaard and Olympian Doug Gjertsen stopped by CBS46 to get everyone to Lake Lanier Islands on Sept. 17.
- Brian Boyle writes #WhyISwim for the Huffington Post – look for Brian at SAA -Baltimore.
- SAA – Atlanta’s Sheri Hart makes waves in Simply Buckhead magazine.
- WGN came out to Ohio Street Beach to film SAA – Chicago.
- Dr. Julie Granger of SAA – Atlanta fights cancer, fear to help other swimmers. (Atlanta INTown)
- SAA – Seattle and its impact on cancer research in the community is profiled in 425 Magazine.
- Mel Smith of SAA – Seattle isn’t planning on quitting swimming at 73.
- FiOS1 covered SAA Greenwich – Stamford.