SAA Family Tree is a monthly focus on stories that display the impact all the members of the Swim Across America family have both locally and nationally. If you have a story or link you’d like to share, please send here.
Swim Across America
Learn how to Swim to Save a Life. This Charity Raised Nearly $100 million to Directly Fund Therapies to Defeat Cancer. A Conversation with Swim Across America’s Rob Butcher and Board Chair Pam Ryan from Goldman Sachs
SAA – Richmond
- SAA-Richmond Event Director Jay Peluso and Dr. Santiago Lima of VCU Massey Cancer Center promoted the swim on WTVR
SAA – Atlanta
SAA – Denver
- Swim Across America CEO Rob Butcher and Team Captain Patty Waldron appeared on FOX 46
SAA – San Francisco Bay
SAA – Baltimore
- Dr. Jonathan Webster of Johns Hopkins and Patient Ambassador Vanessa Brandon promoted Swim Across America on Midday Maryland
SAA – Dallas
- North Texas Swimmers Raise Money for Local Cancer Research (NBC DFW)
- Lake Ray Hubbard swim event helps raise money for cancer research (FOX 4 DFW)
SAA – St. Louis
- Swim Across America CEO Rob Butcher and champion swimmer Mallory Comerford promoted the upcoming swim on FOX 2!
SAA – Catalina Relay Team
- The six relay swimmers representing SAA crushed their 54-mile relay swim this September! It only took them 28 hours and they are now the 11th team EVER to complete this swim around Catalina Island! Not to mention they have raised over $60,000!
SAA – Rhode Island
- A Special Message on behalf of SAA -Rhode Island from Olympian Elizabeth Beisel and Providence College Coach John O’Neill